Akiane Kramarik (akiane means ocean in Russian)
Born underwater at home, on July 9, 1994, in Mount Morris, Illinois, to the atheistic Lithuanian stay-at-home mother, and an American father, chef and dietary manager.
- Lived in Illinois, Missouri, Colorado and Idaho, experiencing poverty and affluence.
- Having attended both public and private schools, now is home-schooled with her four brothers, Delfini 16, Jean Lu 14, Ilia 5 years old and Aurelius, her new baby brother.
- Began drawing at 4, and painting at 6, teaching herself and learning mostly from her own keen observation and study.
- Speaks four languages: Lithuanian,Russian, English and Sign Language.
- At 4, had a life-changing spiritual transformation, bringing the family to God.
- At age 7 began writing poetry and aphorisms.
- Her poems often arrive fully conceived.
- The inspiration for her art and literature comes from her visions, dreams, observations of people, nature and God.
- Paints from imagination, reference materials and models.
- Favorite size canvases: 48 x 60 inches.
- Considers her style: Akianism - a universal blend of realism andimaginism.
- Wants people to find hope in her paintings.
- Has the same goal with each painting: to be inspiration for others and to be the gift to God.
- Favorite medium: acrylics for full figures, and oil paints for large portraits.
- Rises at 4 a.m. five-six days a week to get ready to paint in the studio and write; works for about 4-5 hours each day.
- Often works over a hundred to two hundred hours on a painting, producing 8 to 20 paintings a year.
- Usually makes many sketches before painting.
- Works on one painting at a time.
- Favorite subject: people and spiritual subjects.
- Has "start-to-finish" demonstration videos of her painting.
- Favorite activities and hobbies: art, poetry, piano, reading and helping people.
- Likes about herself: "sensitivity to people".
- Does not like about herself: "impatience".
- Assesses her own character:"daring heart and cautious mind".
- Her biggest wish:"that everyone would love God and one another".
- Her life goal: to share her love for God and people around the world.
Interview with Akiane, age 12.
Official webpage: http://www.artakiane.com/