Truth News

10.9.08

THE RED TAIL a tribute to wordsmith Gary Smith

A triubute to Windsinger, Gary Smith. His music told the stories of that which was and has come to be.

Windsinger's church temple was the wilderness, he died of a broken heart---the docters called it multiple sclerosis; it was a broken heart for no-one would look and see.

THE RED TAIL

I am the Red Tail
Climin' and soarin' through your sky,
With the sunset on my feathers,
With your friends, all gettin' high!

Higher than the Red Tail,
Up above me, there is beauty all around.
Out beyond me, there breathes beauty.
Down below me, there grows beauty.
There is beauty all around me!

Learn to see me,
Learn to feel me, like the wind across my wings.
Let my spirit grow within you.
Learn to know me,
Learn to be!

Like the Red Tail,
Catching currents, and rising in the sky.
Out away from all that's ugly,
Breathing freedom from the windstorms,
Growing wise and filled with light!

You can be the Red Tail
A sunrise, a burst of glory in the sky.
You'll know beauty,
You'll find love, and you'll be wise!

Rise with the Red Tail,
Climin' and soarin' through your sky,
With the sunset on my feathers,
With your friends all gettin' high... all gettin' high..all gettin' high.


Phoenix Journal: The Crucifixion of the Phoenix, Journal No. 12, pages 193/197.

No comments:

Post a Comment